Sunday, November 7, 2010

Update

We finally got a little organized and here are the numbers of what we have.

We've had so many e-mails and comments asking questions, or telling us they can't wait to help. If you know what you are going to donate please pledge it at cnbeckstrand@gmail.com We've decided if all the information goes to one place it will be much easier to keep an updated total.

Trail Mix- 2
Goldfish- 1 (400 Pledged)
Fruit Leather- 6 = One bag
Camera- 20
Socks- 5 pairs
Playing Cards- 50
Ponytails- 60 = 30 bag
Lotion- 2 (20 Pledged) GRAND TOTAL 22
Pens- 22 = 11 bag
Journals- 5
Granola Bars- 20 boxes
Chapstick- 101
Eye Drops- 2
Toothbrushes 14 = 7 bag
Toothpaste- 12 = 6 bag
Gum/Mints- 9 (224 Pledged GRAND TOTAL 233
Blankets- 8 (32 Pledged) GRAND TOTAL 40

13 full baskets pledged by different families. :)

Thank you to those who have donated items or through PayPal.

We had a big rush right after we posted what we needed, but it definitely has slowed down. We have a lot to do in a month and a half if we want to reach our goal of 200!

We still ask if you live close enough to drop the items off at Chelsea's house by December 10th. That gives us a week to sort and count the items and go shopping for what we lack.

If you can't get it to us by the 10th, and are bringing it on the 17th, please send an email to cnbeckstrand@gmail.com and tell us the exact amount of your donation.

We thank you so much. It's incredible to see so many giving people! We definitely couldn't do this without all of you. I just can't wait to help so many families in need!

13 comments:

  1. Hey guys,
    I was just wondering...this might sound so crazy, but as far as blankets go...I really can't afford to buy a bunch of blankets but we have a TON of fleece blankets that we don't even use. They are not in a package...just folded in my closet. Do you think you could use those or would you rather have BRAND NEW ONES? I totally understand if you don't want them. I would wash them and have them fresh but idk how you feel about that. If not,I can donate a few items that I can go buy. Just thought I'd ask! You two are INCREDIBLE! love you both! katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has decided to make this her personal progress project through our ward. Please tell me what we should focus on getting. Also - we are here in Cache Valley and are planning on going to Pepperidge Farm for goldfish donations. We can send out a general list to ward members, but if focusing on 4 items would be helpful, we can do that. PLEASE email me and let me know what would work best! riverwal@xmission.com. THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will send 3 journals and 9 pens to go with them. I imagine when I go shopping I will go crazy and get more stuff. I will let you know. May the Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in SL and donated some granola bars but after realized if I would have donated money it would have gone a lot further. Sorry. The postage almost cost as much as the granola bars. It was too late so I just sent it but wish I would have just donated money. You may want to suggest this to people who live further away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm...I was looking over the list and it seems I should have sent more practicle items rather than the cameras. Please forgive me. What would you like instead, that would be put to better use to get the baskets finished?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. . .
    My Family and I are donating 2 complete basket/bags.
    My Mother-In-Law and I would also love to help put things together.
    Please e-mail me at Lauren.A.Moseley@gmail.com.

    Thanks so much!!

    -Lauren Moseley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Butternutsage-
    The camera's were something we were in need of! Ashley and I both agreed we wanted a camera while being their and it's not something you think to have your family bring while you are staying in PCMC. So thank you, it's a donation that was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome, I am so glad it was not frivolous

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will be dropping off one complete set for a bag by Demember 10th, so that is one more complete bag.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live in SLC and would like to donate some fruit leathers. I can buy quite a few. Do you know if anyone from the area will be coming your way that I can send them with?? Just thought I would try and find a cheap/free way to send them. If not I am more than happy to send the boxes to you.
    Thanks
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok, my Uncle will be coming down and back up to Idaho on Wednesday of this week. I will be giving him some stuff, I was going to buy fruit leathers from Costco. How many do you need?? I was planning on getting 5 boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Metcalf Family... Whatever you could donate would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete