Monday, November 1, 2010

The Gift of Giving

We've been amazed and taken back of how many out there are helping with the Pay It Forward cause. Every night Ashley gets a text or phone call from me saying, "We got another package!" or "A family just stopped by and donated some items from the list" or "We just got a letter with some money in it going toward Pay It Forward."

As this week has past, I have gotten a package at my house almost every day and have been ecstatic about it, thinking of how many families we're going to be able to help. But as tonight came, a family stopped by to drop off some items. The mother explained that she did not know the Sullenger family nor did she know me or my family, but wanted to help. After she left I couldn't help but feel a different way this time. I saw the look in her eyes as well as the kids she brought with her. I saw the willingness and was completely floored, I even got a little emotional. Instead of thinking about the families we are going to be able to help, I was able to see the flip side in how willing families are being in giving to complete strangers.


When Ashley and I started talking about this idea we never thought we would come this far in all the donations we have received and word of receiving. We are both so thankful towards all of you in helping with Pay It Forward. Thank you, thank you so much in making this a success already!

Many are asking what we need most out of all the items (things we aren't getting much of). As of right now with the items that Ashley has received as well as me, the food items and socks are the lowest in number.

7 comments:

  1. Are the socks adult or kid sizes? Or both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sending some granola bars today through the mail! I'm glad I selected food I thought that's what everyone would do! I will send more just update again what you need. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to help but I am kind of waiting to see where the need still lies once you have collected a majority of the stuff. Keep posting the things you need most and quantities of what you need. I would also love to help the day of the project (if you even need people - from the sounds of it there could be quite a crowd there that day!). -Kendra Stowell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got an e-mail of a family willing to donate 400 packages of goldfish!!! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how much help is needed? I'm currently serving in the Young Women's and we would love to all come help put things together. We don't have many girls. It would be about 10 people total with leaders. They would love to help, so let me know if that is alright, or if you would rather not have so many people. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following Ashley's blog for a few months now. What an AMAZING Mom and person. I am located in Maine and will be sending a few packages of adults socks on Monday.

    ReplyDelete