Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Update!

Some items have been filled, so please focus on the lower ones.

We purchased 200 tote bags. So don't worry about finding something to put it in. This way we know it will all fit and look professional for PCMC to hand out.

As of right now, eye drops, journals, and blankets would be greatly appreciated. Someone gave us eye drops, and I promise after all the crying that takes place they really helped. My friend who works at PCMC gave me a journal, and it really is something I'm grateful for today. And blankets, we were always freezing, and the nurses aren't allowed to leave their patient. Therefore, it was a struggle to always find a blanket.

We appreciate all of you so much who have donated! Thank you for your PayPal donations. To see donations come in from all over the country (today as far away as Hawaii and Connecticut) is truly amazing and very humbling.

Grand Total

Trail Mix - 224 (112 Bags)
Goldfish - FILLED
Fruit Leather - 302 (50 Bags)
Camera - 23
Socks - 73 (36 Bags)
Playing Cards - 102
Ponytails - 154 (77 Bags)
Lotion - 57
Pens - 55 (18 Bags)
Journals - 14
Granola Bar Boxes - 91
Chapstick - 121
Eye Drops - 17
Toothbrushes - 400 FILLED
Toothpaste - 400 FILLED
Gum/ Mints - 400 FILLED
Blankets - 190

Entire Basket - 17 already donated.

21 comments:

  1. 100 single use eye drops on the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size do the blanekts need to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already sent a box.... but some of the items that got filled are in there... i guess you can use them as stocking stuffers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The extra items that we recieve on items that have already been filled will be doubled up so no need to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do the eye-drops have to be visine or just any kind of eye drops?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ash, this is amazing! I will email you tonight, we want to donate for sure blankets, journals, and pens! I will get you how many and such!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. are fleece blankets Length: 67 "
    Width: 51 " okay. they're a little larger than you'd asked for...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hopes this helps spread the word...
    this is a great thing!

    http://kimboscrafts.blogspot.com/2010/11/pay-it-forward.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live too far away to donate items, but if I wanted to donate an entire basket through paypal, do you know approximately what the cost is?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, I've been following your blog and plan on donating a basket, but I see that you are in need of other items. I'm a bit of a coupon clipper and found a way for you to get cheap Visine. Go to www.totallytarget.com to find a link to $1.00 off Visine. You can get the travel sizes for $.79 if you are going to be using some of the PayPal donations to fill the items you still need. You can only print two coupons off a computer, so have your friends and family print and you will SAVE SO MUCH MONEY YOU CAN USE TOWARDS SOMETHING ELSE! Hope this is helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm working on gathering stuff! It will be on it's way soonish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The eye drops can be any brand, we just said visine to help people know what we were talking about. The blankets can really be any size but we're shooting for (52x62) but really any size will do :) The total cost of one basket is roughly $25-30. Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have 36 journals and about 20 blankets on the way. My daughter will deliver them after Thanksgiving. I love your project and I am deeply touched by your story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My uncle picked up the 5 boxes of fruit leathers from me yesterday on his way up to Rexburg... I was a little under the weather but will drop them off on your doorstep when he can... Thanks for organizing such a great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sent 4 fleece blankets up with Natalee yesterday, so she'll get them to Cindy so she can get them to you.

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  16. 5 journals and 1 pair of cozy grip socks coming from CT, most likely next week! Have a Happy Turkey Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sent a package a couple days ago. It is coming from Iowa, so you should get it on the 29th or so. I hope it helps. What you are doing is a great thing! Thanks for letting us be involved.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 6 journals :) Can I get directions on where to take them? I live in Rexburg! Thanks! tbrob@ida.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chelsea and Ashley,
    I am so inspired by what you are doing. I am a mother to 4 wonderful kids and you are truly an inspiration to me to be a better mother to my kids. I know Ashley's Uncle Duane..(he was in the delivery room when i was born) anyways.. I was wondering if for the eye-drops..if the brand name "Gentel" is okay? If so i have some(not sure how many yet) for you!!! You guys are wonderful and such an inspiration to others around you!

    Laura E.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My sister is on her way back to Rexburg this weekend and she will be bringing 5 50x60 blankets for me. Thank you so much for the opportunity to do this!

    ReplyDelete